£2,000 Brexit support grant to help businesses understand UK import and exports
HMRC sent an e-mail yesterday reminding businesses about the Brexit Support Fund – a grant of up to £2,000 to help businesses get advice and training on import and export matters. Applications need to be made by 30 June 2021. Note that this grant is not available to businesses that already imported or exported goods from / to the UK before Brexit.
What can you use the £2,000 Brexit Support Fund for?
The Brexit Support Fund is a grant that can be used to help you get professional advice so your business can meet its customs, excise, import VAT or safety and security declaration requirements. It can also be used for training on:
- specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin
- how to complete customs declarations
- how to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems
Who can apply for the Brexit Support Fund?
Any small business can apply for the grant, providing that it:
- imports goods into the UK;
- has less than £100million turnover;
- has been established in the UK for at least 12 months; and
- did not import or export goods into the UK before Brexit.
How do you apply?
You can read more about the application process here. Basically, you will need to register your business and then upload invoices and bank statements that evidence how you have spent the money.
We would, of course, be delighted to help with your application.
£2,000 Brexit support grant to help businesses understa […]